Monday 11 July 2022

A New Lease of Life!

 The last few years have gone by in quite a flash. It's funny that as you get older, time distorts, contracts and slips through your fingers like water. There's only ever decreasing amounts of it left for you to squeeze in all that you wnat to do.

Wargaming wise it's been quite a journey. Through various love affairs with the likjes of Games Workshop, Mantic and Privateer Press in the fantasy and sci fi genre, to 6mm, 10mm, and even 2mm with Too Fat Lardies, Black Powder and Blitzkrieg Commander in the historical side of the hobby.

I have spent way too much money, not painted or played near enough, sold mostly at a loss whole collections, only to then buy back into a period or project at greater expense.

Of course there's been no small matter of the global pandemic, as well as the trials and tribulations of real life parenting, work and marriages to maintain and keep together. Oh, and significant mental health issues with diagnoses off complex PTSD and emotionally unstable personality disorder bought about by childhood trauma and my dad been sentenced to 14 years for offences committed over 35 years ago too terrible to discuss.

I've ran a moderately successfully podcast which is in all likelihood staggering towards a conclusion. I've also not been a particularly good person to friends, family and colleagues; letting them down at short notice,  failing to maintain contact and generally retretaing into a cave-like existence.

Having said all that, I am still upright and breathing and my hobby butterfly is in full flight as I dance around between various projects. So this is a long winded way to say that I am going to try and resurrect this long ignored blog and my Youtube channel. My aim is going to be pretty much as it was 14 years ago when I first set it up - to chart my hobby progress, both here and on the Billy Goat Youtube channel. I'll post and produce content as and when I feel like it with no set timetable, agenda or focus. 

The creative freedom to do as I wish will hopefully liberate me to be, well, more creative. The irony is that any followers this blog may have had will have wandered off elsewhere and in any case, the whole blogging concept has perhaps moved on without me. There are far more hobby content creators out there than ever before in numerous mediums. I do wonder whether blogs have had their day! Still, I'll continue and see how things develop.

So, in the spirit of picking up where I left of all those years ago, here are two pictures of my latest Mexican Revolution project.

First is my HQ base for my Governement/Federalista army. All figures are Peter Pig for their Fighting for Mexico rules.


Here we have some government troops from the second half of the Revolution - likely the Carranza period. More properly these are Constitutionalist troops, but they will fight as part of my Government army all the same.

Okay, thats enough of me wittering on. Let's see where this takes us! 

More soon...

3 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

I've seen a few games at shows from this period recently. Gotta say it really floats my boat! Great painting Sesn.

Sean said...

Cheers Ray! And thank you for taking the time to comment von what has been a long dormaant blog!

Martin S. said...

Good to see the blog resurrected 👍🏼👍🏼. Looking forward to further posts.